This chapter describes the procedures used to maintain the files and media in Survalyzer NG. After you have launched this menu, a screen appears displaying the following data:
- all directories you have access to, and
- a shared directory which can be accessed by all users of your account.
These directories can be used to store the uploaded document, image & audio-video files.
Note: You cannot include additional directories in the main directory.
Double click the shared directory to open the underlying directories (Documents, Images and Audio – Video). The same result can be achieved by clicking twice on any of the other directories you have access to.
- The Documents directory can be selected to store the uploaded document file.
Allowed file extensions are: txt – pdf – xls – xlsx – doc – docx – ppt – pptx – ics.
- The Images directory can be selected to store the uploaded image file.
Allowed file extensions are: jpg – jpeg – gif – png – svg.
- The Audio – Video directory can be selected to store the uploaded audio or video file.
Allowed file extensions are: mp3 – mp4.
When you, for instance, want to store image files, such as logos and templates, in separate directories, you can create a special subdirectory on document, image or audio/video level. The accompanying procedure is as follows:
- Right click the desired directory for which you want to create a subdirectory. A pop-up menu appears near your mouse cursor, listing a number of functions.
- Click on New directory to display a pop-up window allowing you to enter the name of the new subdirectory.
- Click the Create button to store the entered name. The new subdirectory is stored as a folder under the corresponding directory.
In order to upload a file from your PC to Survalyzer, you must adhere to the following procedure:
- Right click the desired directory to which you want to upload a file. A pop-up menu appears near your mouse cursor, listing a number of functions.
- Click on Upload files to select the appropriate file (e.g. logo) on your PC to be uploaded. After you have selected this file, it will be listed in the indicated (sub)directory.
The files included in this menu can be used in the various menus of Survalyzer NG. Figures such as logos will first have to be uploaded to this menu, before they can be used in the survey layouts (see Design).
In order to move a file (e.g. logo) from a directory to another (sub)directory, you must carry out the following procedure:
- Select the directory which locates the file to be moved. The available files will be displayed in the right part of this menu.
- Right click the file to be moved. As a result, this file will be highlighted against a blue background.
- Click on Move to to display a pop-up window allowing you to select the destination (sub)directory of the selected file.
- Click the Move button to move this file to its new destination.
In order to delete a file from this menu, you have to proceed as follows:
- Select the (sub)directory which locates the file to be removed.
- Right click this file so that it will be highlighted against a blue background.
- Click on Delete to prompt a pop-up window asking for a confirmation.
- Click the Delete button to delete this file immediately from the menu.
Note: Once a file (e.g. logo) is deleted from this menu, it will automatically be deleted from all menus in Survalyzer NG, even when the file is being used. For example, a logo will be removed from a survey layout, if you take away the corresponding file from the Files and media menu.