This page is used to distribute surveys.
If a survey is to be sent to a new sample of participants, you can create a new local sample using the Local Sample button.
With Dynata, a number of survey participants can be purchased, based on the desired target group.
If you want to redirect a participant to a survey via an external panel, the invitation process is usually handled by the panel provider. The panel provider then requires a URL through which participants can access the survey. He/She will add a participant ID to the URL used to identify the participants. In this way, the panel provider can also track which participants have completed the survey.
In order to create a sampling project, you can click the Third party sample button. The procedure will then be initiated, provided you have activated the appropriate survey.
If the number of samples and/or panels displayed on this screen is rather large, you can considerably reduce this number by using the search field indicated below. You only have to enter a small part of the sample or panel name in this search field to automatically reduce the large number of displayed samples and/or panels to a minimum.
By default, an overview of all samples and/or panels created for the surveys in the corresponding workspace, is displayed below the search field.
- Samples can be created from this distribution screen or from the Samples screen.
- Panels can ONLY be created from the Panels screen. Panels are part of the panel add-on functionality. To use this functionality, you need a separate licence.
When you click the black View button of a sample, the Edit member screen appears which allows you to view the details of all members from the selected sample. Click here for more information.
If you click the green Invite button on a sample tile, the invitation procedure for participating in a survey will be started. The members can be invited via various distribution channels:
- E-mail – results in the creation of a distributor (distribution list) used to invite all or a filtered number of members from a sample via e-mail.
- SMS – results in the creation of a distributor (distribution list) used to invite all or a filtered number of members from a sample via sms messages. You must have sufficient sms credit to be able to send the invitations. In addition, you will need the mobile phone numbers of your members, which can be recorded under the System Fields of a sample.
The Cell Phone Number field is an integer data type, so leading zeroes are automatically truncated. However, the phone number must not begin with + or have gaps between the digits. And another special feature: The SMS provider sending the SMS does not necessarily have to be in the same country as the person conducting the survey. Therefore, the country code must always come first.
- Link list – results in the creation of a distributor (distribution list) used to include all or a filtered number of sample members in a link list. These personal links (one for each sample member) in a link list can subsequently be used to distribute a survey. The link list is downloaded as an Excel file.
Note: You can invite multiple samples in the distribution overview to fill out the survey.
Note: The same sample can be invited repeatedly to participate in the same survey. Each time, the individual members receive a unique, personal survey link.
If you click this button, a window will be presented showing exactly the same functionality as displayed under Distribute (main part of the screen).
These anonymous links can be used to access the corresponding survey. They are accessible to everyone. Depending on your settings, the survey will be opened in a new window as soon as the link is being clicked. This link must be used, if the survey is to be distributed and published via a website. A different link is shown per language code (1), even if the surveys are identical and the only exception being the different language code. For example, for English and German, the language codes en & de are used (l=en; l=de).
By clicking on the marker icon (circled in red), you can rename the randomly generated link text (survey hash) to a more specific text of your choice. Such a change must be set for each individual language. Once you have modified this survey hash, you can click the Save icon (circled in red).
Note: The custom survey hash must be unique for each account. If you want to use an existing custom survey hash, the system will generate an error message.
- Click here for information on how to enable code authentication (see under Code restricted access).
- Click here for information on creating and downloading a QR code.
Before sending your survey to participants, you can have your survey tested by a few people. These can, for instance, be your colleagues. A default message layout is used for these types of test surveys.
In the input box you can enter the valid e-mail addresses of these test persons – separated by commas. When you have provided all e-mail addresses, you can click the Send button (on the right). An invitation to test the appropriate survey will then be sent to these individuals. As soon as this invitation has been sent, this will be indicated by the message xx E-mail(s) has/have been successfully sent at the top of your screen. The test persons will receive an invitation in their mailbox, which is formatted according to the default message layout.
After you have analysed the results of the test persons, checked the raw data and adjusted the survey where necessary, you can activate the survey. The counters of the answers (given by the test persons) are then automatically reset to 0. This applies to both the report counters on the Analyze screen and the counter on the survey overview.
Note: The answer counters will ONLY be automatically reset to 0 the first time you activate a survey. If you make changes to an already activated (published) survey (Edit survey), then the counters will no longer be automatically reset to 0, when this survey is activated (published) again.