To send email invitations from Survalyzer through a mail relay, a few prerequisites must be fulfilled:
- Survalyzer sends mails with a custom envelope sender pointing to a Survalyzer domain
- The envelope sender is used to implement the bounce handling
- Survalyzer currently doesn’t support bounce handling through mail forwarding
- The resulting spam problematic is mitigated with SPF and DKIM as usual
- If Survalyzers envelop sender is not accepted by the customers mail infrastructure, the bounce handling needs be switched off entirely for the whole account
- Survalyzers mail server must be white listed from IP-Restrictions
Which mail server is taken to send out the mails is controlled by a rule system based on the senders address. Survalyzer supports two different type of forwarding rules:
- Address rule (email@example.com)
- Wildcard rule (*@domain.com)
The setup of a mail relay takes approximately 2 weeks since external parties are involved.
If you’re interested in a mail relay solution don’t hesitate to contact us.