After clicking the tile with the basic report on the Analyze page under the green Add new report button, the Create new report screen appears.
This screen shows the first stage for creating a new basic report.
The following data can be recorded on this screen:
- The unique description of the basic report. This report name will be displayed in the table on the Analyze page.
- The language used for the questions and the collected responses of the respective survey. Only the data using the language selected here, will be included in the new report. If a survey is created in only one language, the Select survey language field will not be displayed.
- The color scheme used for the charts in the new online report. A color scheme allows you to change the default colors of the charts in your online report. When you have clicked on one of the displayed color schemes, this will be indicated by a tick in the top right corner of the scheme. Color schemes must be created in advance in your account on the Color Schemes tab.
- If no color scheme has been defined in your account, the field Choose color scheme for your report will not be shown. The default preset color scheme will then be used for the charts.
- If only one color scheme has been defined in your account, this field will not be shown. The charts will then automatically use the color scheme defined in your account.
When you have provided all the information on this screen, you can click the Next button at the bottom right to access the Select questions screen.
This screen shows the second stage for creating a new basic report.
On this screen you can select the questions from your survey whose results are to be included in the basic report.
- If you wish to include all questions in the report, simply tick the Select all questions box. All survey questions on this screen will then be automatically ticked. The results of all these questions will then be included in the report. To exclude certain questions, you can remove the tick marks from these questions. The results of these questions will then not be presented in the report.
- If you want to include all questions from one or more sections in the report, just tick the Select all questions of this section checkbox. All survey questions from the selected sections on this screen will then automatically be marked with a tick. The results of all these questions will then be included in the report. To exclude certain questions of a selected section, you can remove the tick from these questions. The results of these questions will then not be presented in the report.
- If you only want to include some questions in the report, then you only have to place a tick in the box next to these questions. The report will then only show the results of these questions.
After you have specified the questions to be included in the basic report, you can change the required chart type for the various question elements. For this, see the Chart types topic.
When you have provided all the information on this screen, you can click the Next button at the bottom right to access the Filter report screen.
This screen shows the third stage for creating a new basic report.
On this screen, you can specify the data you want to view in the new basic report. You can also reduce the size of the report by requesting only the data you are interested in using the adjustable filter conditions.
When you have provided all the information on this screen, you can click the Next button at the bottom right to access the Activation screen.
Note: If you do not want to specify filters and want to have all data included in the new basic report, you can skip this screen and click the
Next button straight away.
This screen shows the fourth stage for creating a new basic report.
This screen allows you to view the online report you have created. Using the red framed report link, you can share this URL with people who do not have access to your Survalyzer account. Those who do not have a Survalyzer license, can still view and analyze the online survey data. No token or code is required. A prerequisite is that the Public value has been selected in the analysis overview under Data access control.
The Allow viewers to filter data setting allows you to set two values.
- With No, the people viewing and analysing the online survey data cannot set filters themselves.
- With Yes, these people can set their own filters. These filters are then applied in addition to the filters you might have defined. Once they have clicked the public survey link, the Set my filter setting is displayed on the right-hand side of the online survey data screen, under the Response statistics item and above the sections containing all the questions included in the survey.
As soon as the Set my filter setting is activated, a screen appears on the left where he/she can define the desired filter conditions in order to reduce the size of the report to acceptable proportions. He/She is then able to retrieve only the data of his/her interest. The less relevant data can be easily filtered out.
As soon as this person has defined one filter condition, the number of respondents (interviews) that meets this condition, is immediately adjusted and displayed (see the red framed piece of text). By now clicking on the Response statistics item on the right, he/she can view the answers to each question (underneath) that were provided by the adjusted number of respondents.
If this person now wants to examine the effect of another filter condition, he/she can click on the Edit my filter setting and adjust the filter conditions on the left.
Download basic report
Here you can download the basic report you have created in the preferred file format.
If you have run through all the stages and want to create the basic report, you can click the green Go to Analyze Page -> button at the bottom right of the screen. The report you created is added to the analysis overview.