The text block is an element in which a participant cannot enter an answer. It can be used for a variety of functions, such as
- a greeting at the beginning of a survey,
- explanatory texts between questions,
- a footnote to a question.
The thank you page is a special text block that appears at the end of a survey. No information is to be entered into this textbox. A blank thank you page will appear as a blank page.
PDF export settings
If you tick the Do not show this text block in print export setting, then the corresponding text block will not be included in the PDF file which can be downloaded by a participant at the end of the survey. This file will then contain all questions and answers of the participant MINUS the data of this text block. Click here for a description of the PDF download procedure.
You can also include a script in the text block that allows you to set a different font size, font colour and background colour for the entered text. You will do this, for example, to further emphasise the displayed text.
The procedure is as follows:
- Select the desired text block from the survey for the corresponding set-up data to be displayed on the right.
- Now click on the Rich text editor link at the top right of the entry box for the RTE window to be displayed.
- Click the Code View icon in this window.
- Position the cursor in the entry box and insert the following script:
background-color: #d53737 !important; color: #fff; position: relative; padding: 0.75rem 1.5rem 0.75rem 4rem; margin-bottom: 1rem; font-size: 18px !important;
- Optionally, specify a different hexadecimal colour code for the background colour and font colour and, if required, change the font size.
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom of the window after you’ve made the desired changes in the script.