This procedure can be triggered from the Distribution screen, provided the corresponding survey has been activated. After clicking the Third party sample button on that screen. the Create a third party sample screen will be displayed.
This screen shows the first stage for creating a new third party sample.
On this screen you can define the name of the sampling project and the target size of the project (e.g. a total of 40 participants must reach the quota). After this you can click the Next button at the bottom right to navigate to the Quota cells screen.
This screen shows the second stage for creating a new third party sample. It enables you to define an overview of various target groups using quota cells. Data which can be used for such an overview are, for example, Age and Gender.
Note: the sum of all quota cells within a quota group must be equal to the target size of the project which you have defined in the previous stage, e.g. 40.
In order to set a quota for a survey, please proceed as follows:
- Click the green Add group button (1).
- Specify the name of the quota group in the indicated field (2). By default, this field is filled with the Group 1 description.
- Click the blue Add quota cell button (3) for a window to appear which allows you to record the data of the first quota cell.
At the top, you specify a unique quota name and the maximum number of participants for this quota cell (under Number of responses). For example, if a certain answer combination is selected more than 10 times by a participant in two different questions, while a quota of 10 has been set for this answer combination, then this quota cell will be assigned a Quotafull status. Depending on the selection you have made in the Quotafull behavior field at the Re-directs stage (see below), the 11th, 12th, etc. participant which meets the conditions for this quota cell, will be redirected to the URL specified in the Quotafull URL field.
The percentage behind the number of responses (e.g. 25%) indicates the percentage against the total percentage of the target size (= 100%). If in this example you were to enter the value 40 under Number of responses, then the percentage would not be 25%, but 100%.
Subsequently, you can specify the conditions for the quota cell in the window, e.g.
- IF – QUESTION – Q1 – OPTION 2 – SELECTED
- AND – QUESTION – Q2 – OPTION 1 – SELECTED
Note: if you want to include questions from the survey to set up quotas, you can exclusively use questions from the first section.
In order to create the first quota cell, click the green Save changes button.
After you have added one quota cell, a message appears in a yellow frame indicating that the size of all quota cells in one quota group must be equal to the target size. Based on the example above, you have several options at your disposal. For example, the Number of responses can be increased from 10 to 40. Additionally, you can opt to add one or more quota cells (in the same manner as described above). A second quota cell could be something like this:
When, for example, you have defined all quota cells of a quota group and its total size is identical to the target size of the project, the screen will approximately be like this:
At the bottom right, you will see 40/40 (100%), which indicates that the quota group is now set up correctly. The red frame around the quota group has also disappeared. The quota has been met for all quota cells in the group. The number of answers required to meet the quota has now been reached.
In order to set another quota, you can repeat the procedure described above. If not, you can click the Next button at the bottom right to proceed to the Re-directs when interview is finished screen.
This screen shows the third stage for creating a new third party sample.
In the first three fields, you enter the URLs you have received from the panel provider:
- Completed URL: this is the URL to which the participant will be redirected, if he/she has completed the survey and met one or more conditions of a set quota.
- Screenout URL: this is the URL to which the participant will be redirected, if he/she has provided an answer to a certain question that is not considered relevant for the survey. This participant will then be excluded from further participation.
- Quotafull URL: this is the URL to which the participant will be redirected, if one of the quota cells from a quota group, whose stipulated conditions apply to him/her, is full OR if all quota cells from a quota group, whose stipulated conditions apply to him/her, are full. Example: if 10 women aged from 18 to 46 have completed a survey and there is a quota of 10 for this category, then the 11th woman in this age category will be assigned the quotafull status when she fills out the survey.
At Quotafull behavior you can choose one of the following 3 options:
- If any appropriate quota cell is full
The participant will be assigned the quotafull status on completion of the survey, if he/she meets the conditions of one specific quota cell, BUT exceeds the quota set for it.
- If all appropriate quota cells are full
The participant will be assigned the quotafull status on completion of the survey, if he/she meets the conditions of all quota cells applying to him/her, BUT exceeds the quotas established for this purpose, e.g.
– Quota cell 1: Employees over 55 – Quota 15
– Quota cell 2: Function: Support employee – Quota 15
Employee ABC who is both over 55 and a support employee, will only be awarded the quotafull status, if in the organisation NOT ONLY at least 15 employees have indicated in the survey that they are over 55 years of age BUT ALSO 15 employees have indicated that they are appointed as support employees.
- Quota overflow
The participant will not be assigned the quotafull status, because the quotas set in the quota cells will be ignored.
After this, you can click the Next button at the bottom right to go to the Summary screen.
This screen shows the fourth stage for creating a new third party sample. This screen presents some data which can be checked before creating the new sampling project permanently.
This screen displays the name of the corresponding survey. At Survey link for panel provider you find the link you have to submit to the panel provider. Under Re-direct links from panel provider you will find the URL links you have received from the panel provider.
After you have checked the data on the screen, you can click the Launch button at the bottom right of the screen for a distributor with the sampling project to be created on the distribution overview.