This page includes an overview of all sample members from the selected sample.
Using this search field, you can easily find the sample member you are looking for. For this purpose, you can use all variables (e.g. Email, First Name & Last Name) in the overview. Only the sample members will be displayed whose specified character or combination of characters (e.g. Kel) occurs in one of the variables (e.g. First Name).
If you click on this button, the Column to show pop-up window appears on which the variables ID, Email, First Name and Last Name are ticked by default. The data of all recorded sample members are displayed for these variables. To include another variable (e.g. Function) in the overview on this screen, you must tick this variable. The overview will then immediately be extended with an extra column for the selected variable.
The icons next to each sample member indicate the following functions:
Invite (1): This will open the Invite single member: <name sample member> screen allowing you to select the survey for which you want to invite the corresponding sample member. The selection list shows all available surveys in the workspace for which this sample member has been invited before. After selecting the desired survey, you can click on the green Next button at the bottom of the screen to start the distribution process. For more information, please refer to the Distribute Survey menu.
Edit (2): This allows you to edit the system variables (e.g. Email, First Name, Last Name) and any user-defined custom variables (e.g. Function, Area) of the selected sample member. Please ensure that you save any changes.
Under Interviews, the surveys from the workspace are displayed for which the sample member has been invited. The following information is presented for each of the surveys listed here:
- Interview state: Not responded, In progress (the survey link has been activated; the survey has not yet been completed) or Completed.
- View: Clicking this icon shows the questions, answer options and the answers provided by the sample member of the selected survey.
- Remind: Clicking this icon will trigger a reminder to the corresponding sample member to complete the selected survey. Click here for a description of the reminder procedure. Once the interview state is set to Completed, no more reminders can be sent.
- Reset: Clicking this icon will prompt you to confirm the procedure, as the survey answers provided by the sample member for the selected survey will then be reset. If you click Yes, the status of the survey will immediately be set to Not responded (the corresponding survey answers will not be immediately deleted). The sample member can then access the same survey link to fill out the survey again. The previously supplied answers will be overwritten with the new answers.
- Delete: Clicking this icon will – after clicking on Yes to confirm – immediately remove the selected survey, including the answers provided, from the interview overview.
- Download PDF: Clicking this icon will generate a PDF file of the selected survey containing all questions, answer options, images and the answers provided by the sample member (in any case for mandatory questions of completed surveys).
- Here you can view the personal link of each survey from the overview, which was sent to the respective sample member. It is the link that the sample member used to fill out the survey.
Delete (3): This opens a warning window which allows you to delete the selected sample member and all accompanying data including the survey answers provided by him/her. After you have clicked the green Yes button, the data of this sample member and the surveys dispatched to him/her will be permanently deleted.
After you have clicked this button, the Select your survey screen appears allowing you to select the survey for which you want to invite all members of the corresponding sample. The drop-down list shows all surveys present in the workspace for which this sample has been invited before. After having selected the desired survey, you can click the green Next button at the bottom of the screen to go to the Distribution channel screen from where you can start the distribution process. For more information, please refer to the Distribute Survey menu.
In this field you can change the name of the sample.
This function allows you to import the data of new sample members or the modified data of existing sample members. Please see this page for examples of importing and updating members including videos.
When you click this button, the Select file screen appears allowing you to select the Excel file to be imported with new and/or edited sample data.
Please read the instructions carefully before importing an Excel file. The instructions include some useful hints. Each sample consists of 7 system variables and a large number of custom member variables. The latter number depends on the type of user licence which has been assigned to the user.
- An Essential user can import up to a maximum of 15 columns with custom member variables.
- A Professional user can import 100 columns with custom member variables.
The system variables which are always part of a sample, are:
This column must be present in the Excel file, otherwise no e-mail will be sent to the corresponding sample member.
- First Name
- Last Name
This column shows the language in which the survey is displayed to the corresponding sample member.
The gender is used, among other things, to determine the appropriate salutation in a message (0 = Male; 1 = Female; 2 = Divers).
- Cell Phone Number
It is an integer (data type), so leading zeroes are automatically truncated. However, the telephone number may not begin with a + or have gaps between the digits. Moreover, this field may not include text or characters such as ; or :.
Please always include the country code, because the person sending the survey via SMS does not necessarily have to be from the same country as the person conducting the survey.
If sample members access a survey using an invitation code, this implies that the Enable code access setting has been checked (see the Build screen). In this case, all sample members must be assigned a unique value in this column. Furthermore, this code must be unique within the entire workspace. New sample members are automatically assigned a code upon import, provided that the Code column is included in the Excel file.
Note: When importing/uploading new sample members, the MemberId column in the Excel file must NOT be filled, as the ID is automatically assigned to each sample member in Survalyzer, see for example the above sample member Billy Instance in the figure.
- You will generally select the setting Import only records with unique e-mail addresses and unique phone numbers. In this case, only the data of sample members with a unique e-mail address and phone number will be imported from the selected Excel file. If a certain e-mail address is found twice in this file, only the data of the first sample member with this e-mail address will be imported.
- You will select the setting Import all records and allow duplicate e-mail addresses as well as duplicate phone numbers, if you want to import the data of sample members with an identical e-mail address as well. You will do this, for example, when you want to test a survey that is written in multiple languages. You can then include a particular sample member in the Excel file a number of times with the same e-mail address, but with a different language code.
When you click this button, an Excel file containing all present sample data will be created and exported to your computer. You can use this file to edit the data of existing sample members (e.g. Function) or to add the data of new sample members. You can then upload this file again using the Import or update members from Excel button.
When you click this button, an Excel file will be created indicating for all sample members all surveys (interview links) to which they have been invited (one survey sent per sample member per row) and their current status: Completed, InProgress or NotResponded. For completed surveys, you can view the answers provided by the sample member (under Answer link).
When you click this button, you can fill in the system variables and any custom member variables on the left side with all required data. After you have entered all data of the new sample member, you can click on Save, so that the new member ID will be created and automatically be positioned at the top of the sample overview. When sending an invitation to the sample concerned, the new sample member will also receive this invitation, unless he/she is filtered out.
Of course, you can also import a new member from an Excel file, see the Import or update members from Excel button.
After the data of new sample members or the edited data of existing sample members have been imported, the latest import result is displayed at the bottom right of the screen. This overview shows, among other things, the following information:
- the number of new members added to the sample;
- the number of existing members whose sample data/variables have been modified;
- the number of members removed from the sample.